GATE 2024 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Before filing an application, candidates are advised to ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria for GATE 2024.
Candidates who are currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program or who have completed any government approved degree program in Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Architecture/ Humanities are eligible to appear for GATE 2024.
Some Professional Societies/Institutions, which conduct examination in various fields of engineering, are given below.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IIChE)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
- The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIIE)
Candidates who possess certification from any such professional societies must ensure that those examinations are approved by MoE/AICTE/UGC/ UPSC as being equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch./ B.Planning, etc.
Any candidate fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria is eligible to appear for GATE 2024.
More details of eligibility criteria are given below.
- Candidates pursuing any higher degree or in possession of a degree higher than that mentioned in the table below, will be allowed to appear for GATE 2024.
- Candidates with B.Sc./B.A./B.Com. degrees (3-year program) desirous of seeking admission to Masters programs in IITs and IISc may refer to JAM 2024.
*Students enrolled with the professional bodies and institutions as per MHRD OM (No. 11-15/2011-AR (TS.II)) with permanent recognition upto 31st May 2013, stand recognized. See circular No. 13/56/PC/ODL-Mode/AICTE/2020, Dated 23rd November 2020 for more details.